The Schooner Pride makes an excellent venue to bring your colleagues, business partners, or clients for an exhilarating, yet relaxing experience on Charleston harbor. The purpose of our Charleston corporate sailing events and team building activities is to encourage team building that is effective and efficient. It is our aim to ensure that you and your group are safe and have an experience that goes above and beyond your expectations.
Some of the many benefits you’ll receive from booking a corporate or team building event aboard The Schooner Pride include:
- A cost effective solution to building team moral and entertaining clients or colleagues.
- Sailing provides the ultimate team building setting, requiring participants to utilize excellent communication skills during obstacles and challenging situations.
- Individuals can participate in safe and exciting sailing activities in a group setting.
- Individuals can see instant results from their team efforts.
- The Schooner Pride’s route along Charleston harbor allows everyone to soak in the most popular Charleston attractions.
- All of our Charleston team building and corporate sailing events can be customized to meet your exact needs and preferences. We can even arrange a deli-style lunch or appetizers to enhance your experience aboard The Pride.
Each of our Charleston corporate sailing events is managed by qualified crewmembers and certified sailing captains who are there to ensure your safety and ultimate satisfaction.
What a day aboard The Schooner Pride looks like:
An introduction will be given by the captain and mates, describing schooner operations and demonstrating proper sailing techniques, including raising and setting the sails, as well as steering and securing the sails.
Following this introduction, groups will be established to perform a timed competitive activity. During this activity, each group will work together to exercise proper sailing techniques, steering and sailing between marks in the harbor, and will be rewarded points based on technique.
A. The activity will begin with all sails down. The team must raise and set the sails, then steer to the finish point—all while following marine traffic laws and navigating buoys.
B. During the competitive sequence, the Leader of each team will be assigned to steer the boat under the watchful eye of The Pride’s Captain.
C. The Captain of the Pride is the final arbitrator and will establish point values based on each team’s performance in the following five categories:
Point Value System
|1. Raising the sails properly|
|2. Securing the sails after each race|
|3. Steering along a proper course|
|4. Tacking and jibing|
|5. Time to finish|
Emphasis will be on teamwork, communication with other team members / team leader, and following safety procedures and instructions. Points may be deducted for not following the instructions, safety procedures, methods of operation, or Schooner Pride Captain / mate directions.
The Schooner Pride Layout
Take “PRIDE” in teamwork!
Contact our sales team at email@example.com or via phone at 843.722.1112 to receive a quote for your next corporate team building activity or Charleston group event.